“And the risk it took to remain tight within the bud was more painful than the risk to blossom.”
I believe the first step to blossoming is letting go, stopping all activity and bringing our bodies, minds and souls to rest. Welcome to Fuzzy Red Socks where you are encouraged to SLOW DOWN and begin the process of healing. Is a stressful life leading you down the path toward illness, an unhealthy lifestyle, or major life changes? Let me share with you ways to resist moving so fast you forget to breathe, you neglect to love, and you miss out on the every day present moments that can add so much joy to your life.
Are you wondering, “Am I stressed?”
If you answer “yes” to many of the questions below created by Elizabeth Anne Scott, there is a very good chance stress has taken its toll on you. Then check out my posts on “Rest” by clicking on Pathways To Resting on the Main menu.
1. Do you find yourself getting less joy from your work and feeling a sense of burnout?
2. Do you find that you have a “short fuse’ these days, that you’re more sensitive, irritable, or easily frustrated?
3. Do you feel less social than usual?
4. Do you have another symptom that you think could be stress-related?
5. Do you experience tension headaches?
6. Are you losing your hair and suspect that stress may be a factor?
7. Is your blood pressure on the high side?
8. Are you experiencing adult acne that may be related to stress?
9. Do you often feel anxious about things you can’t control?
10. Have you experienced weight gain or weight loss that you suspect is due to stress, or are you storing more fat in your belly lately?
11. Do you experience stomach aches or gastrointestinal issues like constipation or IBS that get worse with stress?
12. Do you have trouble falling asleep or staying asleep because your body is tense or your mind is racing with stressful thoughts?
13. Do you have a general feeling of being overwhelmed by everything you’re dealing with right now?
14. Do you have more difficulty with decision-making and concentration these days, or find that you’re forgetting things more often?
15. Do you find that your libido has decreased, or that you’re just too tired for sex?
16. Do you find muscle tension, especially in your neck, back and jaw?
17. Do you find yourself drinking alcohol more to relax, smoking to deal with stress, or using other “vices’?
18. Have you become an Emotional Eater? (Do you find yourself eating to cope with stress, or craving sweet or salty food more than usual?)
19. Do you find yourself feeling fatigued or exhausted?
20. Do you find yourself getting sick more often than usual?
Elizabeth Anne Scott is a wellness coach, author, health educator, and award-winning blogger with training in counseling, family therapy, and health psychology. http://stress.about.com/