About the Liebster:
The aim of the Liebster award is to spotlight up-and-coming blogs with less than 200 followers. There are no set rules for the award, but the guidelines are as follows:
- Copy and paste an image of the award onto your blog.
- Write a post on your blog to thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog.
- Nominate some blogs for the award. There is no rule for the number of blogs you nominate, but the general recommendation is at least 5 blogs.
- Answer the questions from the person who nominated you in your post.
- Ask at least 5 questions on your blog for those you nominated for the award to answer.
- In addition to the questions and answers, list at least 5 random facts about yourself.
My Answers to George’s Questions:
- Who is your favorite author and why?
Let’s just go with my latest favorite, Cheryl Strayed, author of Wild. This woman did what I’d love to do. She took her very human experiences in life and created a story that resonated deep inside her readers. She tackled adversity with strength, courage, and a passion reserved for only a rare few. OK, while I’m at it, let’s add Elizabeth Gilbert who wrote, Eat, Pray, Love, because she too, took her life’s struggles and made the most of them while writing about it and sharing with the world how she came out the other side with flying colors.
- What has been the most difficult obstacle to your writing?
Realizing that I have something to say and having the courage to say it.
- Do you have a regimen that you follow with your writing?
Not at all and the results are, I don’t write enough.
- What do you consider the most significant event in your life?
There are two equally significant events: the day I got married (23 years ago) and the day my daughter was born (19 years ago). Both days were life changing and involved being as vulnerable as I have ever been.
- Who was your most influential teacher?
My Life Coach, Reggie Adams who instills the fact that me, myself, and I am (are) truly my greatest teacher(s).
- What has been the happiest event in your writing endeavors?
Becoming friends with these incredibly talented people who write daily and meet the challenge head-on with courage, faith, and passion.
- What advice do you have for someone starting a blog?
Just do it. WordPress makes it easy for ANYONE to have a blog and share what they have to say.
- What advice would give on becoming a writer? One of those incredibly gifted people I referred to in question #6 is the very talented up-and-coming author Jordan Bernal. I like her answer to this question best: “Writing is work, writing well is hard work. Know your goal for each written piece and strive to exceed that goal. This most likely will require getting constructive feedback—do it! Learn from others, then draw the line at what you must keep for yourself.”
5 Random Facts About Me:
1) I play guitar and used to play oboe, flute, and English Horn
2) I love to sing – I call myself a “Car Star” – you know, singing in the car to the radio when no one can hear you!
3) I was a majorette in high school
4) I’ve walked on fire
5) I love to scrapbook and have chronicled the last 23 years of my family’s life in over 100 traditional and digital photo albums which include more than 10,000 photos and lots and lots of stories
5 Questions for my Nominees:
- What makes your heart sing?
- What is your favorite movie?
- Where do you like to vacation?
- What is one of your favorite books?
- Which characteristic do you admire the most in people?
Jenn Ross at http://www.seejenntri.com/
Joni Zander at http://jonizander.com/blog/
John Kibildis at Jams Music in Dublin, CA at http://jamsmusicdublin.com/blog/